Tuesday, August 26, 2014

stung (with update)

August 26:

What I was not expecting, after this long beautiful summer of beekeeping, was to get stung by a bee on the doorstep of my office. It's like summer kicking me in the ass on the way out.

My foot hurts.  But there are some cool images of bee stings & anatomy on the web, so there's that.




August 28th (UPDATE):

The other day, when I was stung by a bee on the doorstep to my office? Well, during the course of that day the Sedum started to bloom by my kitchen door, and when I got home there was a little cloud of my own bees enjoying the nectar. I actually bumped into a few of them in midflight, while I tried to get into my house. But no one stung me. Because my bees are LOVELY.

Ken took some gorgeous photos of the bees and the Sedum yesterday.  I'll make a separate post for those.


In the meantime, though, my foot has started to itch like crazy.  I just found an excellent little article in Slate.com testing different bee-sting remedies.  I may have to try something later today...

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/shopping/2003/09/sting_operation.html




No comments:

Post a Comment