Monday, July 7, 2014

July 2: Quick Check of the Super

July 2, 2014:

Today I went out to do a quick check of the honey super, to see how far they've gotten.  There were massive thunderstorms predicted, and I wanted to go out and take out the stick I had put under the cover to prop it up and provide ventilation in the hot hot days.

While I was there I pulled out a few frames from the honey super--and yay! They're starting to lay in the honey! None of the honey cells are capped yet, but there's a lot of honey stored already.

One thing, though: the bees really really don't like being disturbed on a cloudy blustery day. They were mad for a long time after I was there, even though I hardly opened the hive at all. Silly bees.  I went out 1/2 hour later to work in the garden, and even then there were a couple of guard bees that chased me inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment