Monday, March 23, 2015

The Big and Final Update--December

December 8, 2014:

Already dreaming about spring beekeeping.

It's true: in the past week I've stopped believing that my bees will all die. HOPE.

Floyd sent me a song:


Click here to hear the song!


December 8, 2014.  Jan sent me a photo of this beautiful "Eco Bee Box":



December 10, 2014.  Ken sent me a bee tattoo:



And I went on a little online spree, and found this beautiful tattoo:

December 16, 2014.

I bought more bees.  I decided that even if my 2014 bees did make it through the winter, I'd like to have two hives in 2015, so I ordered a nuc box to be picked up in Billerica, Massachusetts.



I ordered from Merrimack Valley Apiaries, at http://www.mvabeepunchers.com/nucs.html

December 23, 2014.  Abby got a bee hat for Christmas from her friend Sierra:


My cousin Marcia sent me this gorgeous bee photo:


December 27, 2014.  The bees were still alive:

Yesterday it was very warm, so we went out and checked the hive...and there were a few bees buzzing about, testing their wings. This is monumental news: it means the queen is still there, doing her business, and the bees may well make it through the winter. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment